Buying CBD vape juice can burn holes in your wallet, particularly if you’re buying from a reputable brand. And if you need a consistent intake of CBD to relieve your symptoms, you need to be ready to spend tons of money.
Making your own e-juice from CBD isolates at home is a more practical option. You just have to know the right recipe, supplies, and mix, and you’ll be able to create a CBD vape juice.
Now, before we get to the steps in making a DIY CBD e-juice, here’s what you need to know about CBD isolates.
Why Use CBD Isolate?
CBD isolate is considered as the purest form of CBD. It contains as much as 99% CBD. Because it comes in solid form and has a diamond-like shape, it’s often called as CBD crystals.
Just like other CBD products, isolates are also made from filtered hemp plant extract through a process called CO2 extraction method.
Now, why should you use it in making CBD vape juice?
For one, isolates are cheaper in general. Plus, it offers a THC-free way for you to get your daily CBD dose.
CBD isolates are not likely to show up on drug tests, too. They don’t contain other cannabis compounds so they won’t fail you in your routine drug tests.
Are CBD Isolates Safe For You?
If you compare CBD isolates to the CBD oils you’re probably used to seeing, you may find them scarier to use, particularly if you aren’t sure how to use a CBD isolate to make your own e-liquid.
Now, despite how they look, CBD isolate products are actually natural despite their appearance. They are quite pure, too.
To answer the question, the answer is this:
CBD isolates are safe to use as long as you are able to pick high-quality products and you know how to properly prepare them. Knowing the right dosage matters, too.
Things to Prepare
Now that you are set on using CBD isolates in making your vape juice, the next thing you need to do is get your supplies ready. You need to prepare:
- Pure vegetable glycerin
- Pure propylene glycol
- Blunt needle syringe
- A 30ml glass bottle
- Some flavoring
Take note that you need high-quality food-grade propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin.
DIY CBD Vape Juice: A Step-By-Step Guide
After getting all your supplies, it’s time to know how to make a CBD vape oil at home. However, before we get to the steps, there are some important things to keep in mind.
CBD isolate isn’t really soluble in vegetable glycerin. With that, you’re probably wondering why it’s still required in making your own vaping liquid.
Well, vegetable glycerin is needed to make your vapor smooth. If you use pure propylene glycol, your e-liquid will be too harsh. You might not even tolerate it.
In addition to that, you also need to get the right PG/VG mix. This will prevent recrystallization.
Now, let’s get to the fun part.
- Measure out your ingredients. A 30ml glass bottle is easy to work with. If this is your first time making CBD vape juice with CBD isolate, you’ll find the tool helpful in getting a good estimate of how much money you’ll be saving with DIY vape juice.
- As mentioned earlier, getting the right PG/VG mix is critical to the process and we highly suggest you try 60PG and 40PG.
- For that mix, you’ll need to pour 18ml of PG into the bottle. If you want to add flavors, you can mix 15ml of PG and 3ml of flavoring.
- Then, add the CBD isolates.
- Put on the bottle’s cap and shake it for about a minute. Remember to put the cap tightly. You wouldn’t want the water to get into your mixture.
- Get a separate container and fill it with hot water. Dip the bottle in it and leave it for about 10 minutes. For some people, pouring 3 to 5 inches of water into a pot and setting it on medium-high heat works best. Try not to get the water to heat up beyond 60 degrees.
- Check the solution and see if there are no more visible crystals. If the solution isn’t completely transparent yet, take the bottle again and repeat the previous steps.
- Once you see that the isolates have completely mixed with the PG, you can add 12ml of VG.
- Shake the bottle for another minute or two and your vape juice should be ready to use.
How to Vape Your DIY CBD Vape Liquid
CBD can taste bitter so if it’s your first time to try it for vaping, make sure to take slow puffs. Do that until you get used to the flavor.
Apart from that, because the PG content is higher in the mixture, you might feel like the liquid is harsh for your throat. As a remedy, you can try adding lemon flavor as it helps in masking the bitterness.
If you are considering adding terpenes to your CBD juice to get a more natural feel, keep in mind to find terpenes that are compatible with vaping. Remember to get a plant-derived product, too.
Can You Add CBD Isolate to Finished Juices?
It’s not recommended. If you add CBD isolate crystals directly to an existing juice, you will just end up with a really cloudy solution. Plus, your CBD dose will be different from your previous puffs.
If you really need to add the crystals, you have to dissolve them first into a small amount of PG.
Apart from that, your existing juice’s PG/VG ratio can affect the crystals, too. Recrystallization can happen depending on the juice’s VG/PG ratio.
Now, here’s another question you probably have in mind:
Can you mix CBD oil with e-liquid?
The answer to this will depend on what’s in your vape juice. If it’s glycerine based, then the answer is no. You wouldn’t be able to mix them together unless you use an emulsifier.
You should also be careful about using just about any CBD oil for vaping. Your regular CBD oil should be placed under the tongue and should not be used for vaping.
There’s a special CBD juice you can vape.
Using CBD isolates to make your own e-liquid is way cheaper than buying pre-made CBD vape juices. Plus, it gives you more freedom in creating your own flavor, smoothness, and experience.
Of course, as with any CBD product you use for your health issues, you need to be extra careful in terms of quality. Creating the best CBD vape juice from CBD isolates starts with finding high-quality ingredients.